Wednesday, May 4, 2016

PE final reflection

This semester, I did a variety of activities for PE, including anime shadowing, poem readings, prosody listening, textbook activities, and a casual conversation with a classmate!

I think it was a good mix, although I wish I could have done casual conversations or shadowing more frequently for practice. I thought my speed and overall flow of speech improved a lot over the course of the semester, though sentence intonation is still challenging at times.

I found Shibata Sensei's feedback extremely helpful each time, particularly the recorded bits on Speak Everywhere.

Looking back at my goals, I think I should have generally practiced speaking more often outside of class. Many friends will be going to PII so I'll have to practice on my own over the summer if I can to keep up (although they will be in a different class haha).


No comments:

Post a Comment